You asked for the best digital strategy content. We've got it here.
9:15 a.m. Opening Keynote
Scott Lichtenauer, VMLY&R
"Welcome Back" - How DICKS Sporting Goods Started Small then Grew Its Influencer Program
From a tactical trial of influencer marketing to a fully integrated campaign using influencer creative in paid media across an innovative mix of touchpoints, learn how the agency supporting DICK’S consumer experiences built out a successful influencer program year after year. From how to work with a cross agency team to building full channel integration, you’ll hear about the evolution of an influencer-led campaign over a three-year period to continue driving sales and brand love for DICK’S.
10:20 a.m. Morning Breakout Sessions (Choose 1)
- Matt Gilkerson, Associate Shopper Marketing Manager at Unilever
- Adding Dove to Dinner
- Case study on Dove Beauty Brand and Kroger: Leveraging the Unilever Portfolio and Kroger Partnership to cross categories and share more than just products.
- Tina McCorkindale, President & CEO, Institute for Public Relations
- The How's and Why's of Effective Measurement & Evaluation
- With more sophisticated tools and techniques, the demand for better measurement and evaluation will increase, including a shift to more tools with machine (and smart) learning characteristics and end-to-end solution integration. However, some of the basic principles needed to have a strong digital media strategy won’t change, including the importance of valid metrics and stakeholder engagement. This presentation will explore best practices of analytics and measurement as well as its future in the digital space.
10:55 a.m. Breakout Sessions (Choose 1)
- Bridgette Klein, Director of Marketing at Willory
- New Professional Track: Career T-E-A
- In this presentation, Bridgette Klein will walk you through how to manage your career like a business by Thinking like a boss, Evaluating like a recruiter, and Acting liking a marketer (T-E-A).
- Wally Snyder, President, Institute for Advertising Ethics
- Building Trust Through Our Professional Ethics
- This session will focus on how professionals "do the right thing" in building trust with our clients, consumers, and journalists. A business case will be presented based on how they expect and reward being treated fairly and ethically. Wally will cover the strong "personal case" for enhanced ethics that is based upon wanting to treat our clients, consumers and journalists with truth and fairness.
11:30 a.m. Virtual Networking
12:15 p.m. Lunch Keynote
Brandi Barton, Kellogg's Pop-Tarts
Leveraging Creators To Make an Impact on TikTok
Brandi will share a case study about how Kellogg's Pop-Tarts utilized influencers to help leverage the iconic Rice Krispies Cereal & Pop-Tarts brands. #WhatWouldPopTartsDo
1:15 p.m. Influencer Panel Discussion: What Influencers Wished Brands Knew
- Erin Schanen, The Impatient Gardener
- Shana Lee, Shana Was Here
- Kim and Scott Vargo, Yellow Brick Home
- Claire Xu, Eats With Claire
2:20 p.m. Afternoon Breakout Sessions (Choose 1)
- Annie Zelm, Content Manager, Kuno Creative
- Reaching The Unreachable Audience: 5 Secrets for Hypertargeting B2B Audiences
- Whether you're trying to reach busy physicians, skeptical engineers or technology buyers who hate filling out forms, there's hope for getting past the gatekeepers. Hear about some of the most successful digital advertising strategies that have generated awareness and closed deals for Kuno's clients, including retargeting, borrowing audiences and more.
- Matt Gilkerson, Taylor Meade & Erin Orsini
- New Professional Track: Nurturing Your New Professional Career - A Panel of #DigitalAllStars
2:55 p.m. Afternoon Breakout Sessions (Choose 1)
- Deanna Stevens Ulrich, Kent State University
- Piecing Together the Social Media Content Planning Puzzle
- When it comes to developing a social media strategy, content planning is an important piece of the bigger picture. But the day-to-day realities of social media management sometimes gets in the way. In this session, Deanna will provide tips for piecing together all of the elements of building a solid content plan, helping to make your content more cohesive and strategic.
- Nicole Hagy, Akron Municipal Court; Valerie Wolford, City of Green; Jennifer Young, FirstEnergy
- Connecting With Audiences That Don't Get To Choose
- Government organizations, utilities and similar entities face unique challenges engaging with stakeholders – their audiences don’t get to choose whether or not to work with them. During this panel discussion, hear from three communications pros who work every day to find interesting ways to connect and build trust with their audiences while communicating key issues and diffusing inaccurate information. Moderated by Christy Hajoway of FirstEnergy.
3:25 p.m. General Session
Mike Kaput, Cathy McPhillips, Artificial Intelligence Institute
How Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming PR and Communications
Artificial intelligence isn't science fiction or hype. It's real technology that is being used right now by forward-thinking brands to transform PR and communications. During this talk, Mike & Cathy will talk about the promise (and peril) that next-generation AI technologies hold for brands, from robot influencers to lifelike deepfakes. They will also show how professionals can get started understanding and piloting the technology today, with real-world examples from practicing marketing pros (no technical expertise required!)
3:55 p.m. It's A Wrap!